Oh my goodness! It's been forever and I don't have much content anymore! It's been pretty busy since I came home (almost 4 months na!).
My US Trip was a blast and I (think) it helped me mature as an individual and as a professional. Well, I hope I really did. 👩 The trip was my first out of the country trip and my first one alone. It was scary and liberating at the same time. Taught me a lot of things. And this trip contributed a big chunk of what I have become. Naks.
So, this is my 5-week US Trip written in one blog post. Happy hanash reading! 😍
Dreams do come true. Who would have thought, right? That I will be in the land of the free and the home of the brave for 5 weeks. And there's snow! Am extremely happy to see and experience my very first snow fall! ❄ Actually, I am the only one excited to see the snow when I was there. They were like, tired of it. Haha. But I know that they are excited for me. Once the snow fell, everyone looked for me to make sure I won't miss it.
|Snowing - just outside my hotel|
|My very first snow fall ❆|
|Shattuck Park - just across my hotel|
I've been to different places in Wisconsin - New London, Appleton, Oshkosh, Green Bay to name a few. Have experienced St. Patty's Day in New London. Gangsta feels. Had a great time with Nicole and Deana - thanks for taking me! Booze all over and cheese curds being thrown to people during the parade was just amazing. lol.
|Limited Edition Bud Light for St. Paddy's Day - took the bottle home|
|Gangsta Mood slash Jeje feels - you can wear anything in the US 💃|
|Miss you, Deana!|
Drinking alone was very liberating, got to talk to strangers and yeah that really felt good. Sooo good!
|Old Fashioned became my instant favorite. Cheers, self! 🍷 (taken at the LevelOne Restaurant and Lounge)|
Ace of Spades (Annual awarding ceremony of Alta Resources) - I was supposed to attend my very first Ace of Spades Awards in Manila at The Shang but I was overseas. Thank God Adrienne let me attend the US Ceremony. We had it in EAA Aviation. It was the first time that I had a taste of Old Fashioned Cocktail - so good. The girls introduced it to me 'cause I always say I wanna try anything Wisconsin. We prepared at my Hotel Room before heading to the venue. It was truly an experience for me - I had the chance to meet and talk to a lot of people and the big bosses, too. Couldn't be more grateful. I have learned a lot!
|No edit. This is me with the ladies before heading to the EAA in my messy hotel room.|
(Kathryn, Nicci, Lisa, Adrienne, Angie, Pong)
|My dry lips dont care look|
|At the venue with my Old Fashioned Cocktail|
Wisconsin is also the home of Fava Tea! Since I am a certified tea-lover, Trish took me to this place. Heaven! I also tried my usual Starbucks fix at SB - Appleton - same taste. Good job, SB! Hehe. And since SB is far from where am staying, I tried Timshel Cafe and voila! Love their Earl Grey Tea!
|Iced Earl Grey Tea from Timshel Cafe|
Sabino's - I am missing Sabino's so bad. I have fell in love with this restaurant and I can eat all their food everyday. If only they are near, I would love to take family there. Check my post about them. ♥
Stage Plays - Lucky to have watched 2 - Seussical The Musical and Les Miserables. Always love watching amazing talents on stage! Emily Bautista is a Pinay talent and played Eponine in Les Mis. Galing!
|w Nicholas George (Horton the Elephant of Seussical The Musical)|
|My buddy Brady and The Cat in the Hat|
|Adrienne and Me|
Roller Skating - Oh my Goodness! It was the first time I did this. And I swear, I died. It was so hard!
|Louise making it look so easy|
The good convo. He was a surprise to me. We hardly talk in Manila. But who would have thought, right? I guess, having no choice makes a good conversation. Haha. Definitely one of my favorite convos in my existence - lupet o! Kinailangan pa natin pumunta ng Amerika para mag-usap. Haha. More than the food and all the panlalait, thanks for spoiling me kahit hindi naman talaga. Totally appreciate it! Salamat, Amerika! lol.
|ang pinakakuripot in the entire universe, John Albert Clave|
I will prolly post all the pictures in my Facebook account. Just have a few take aways from this trip:
- Japan - I fell in love with your heated toilet seats. I had to take a picture inside. Hehe.
- Talking to strangers is not bad at all. I have met several folks - Donna (Atlanta), she reminded me of Mama, I felt at home taking to her. Given the chance, I will definitely look for her to say hi; a guy, also in Atlanta, he's bound to Appleton, too. Too bad, I did not get his name but it was a short but sweet convo. Thanks for saying hello!
- Atlanta and Chicago Airport - you both amazed me.
- Being independent is a good thing. You get to learn a lot of things.
- Being alone in a foreign country for 5 weeks is definitely a life changing phase.
- My parents missed me so bad. Especially my mom. Haha. Tibzi is as always, supportive. Gotta love the #fabfour.
- Korea - I love that bear in Incheon Airport. I met a fellow Pinay in Korea. Very inspiring. And SB - Korea has Earl Grey Jelly!!!!
- Work Ethics - it's always a good feeling to have an amazing support group while you learn new things everyday.
- Life is simple, let's not complicate things. If you want it, you want it. If you don't, you don't.
- Learn to negotiate. Saying no is okay.
- Subjective vs Objective - google it. LOL
- Letting go is not a bad thing at all. It can result to greater things, more amazing people, etc.
- US - your food servings are so huge. I can eat each serving for 2 days. lol
- Red Door Mercantile, TJ Maxx and The World Market are my favorite shops.
- Opportunities can happen anytime - thanks, Alta!
- Time - so precious. Adrienne, Kathryn, Nicci, Lisa, Angie, Louise, Kris, Nicole, Trish, Tracy and Juli - appreciate the time taking me places.
- Smiling faces and the warmth - couldn't thank everyone enough for being so welcoming. The food, all the offer to take me places, for entertaining all my questions, etc.
- Liz - if you happen to read this, we don't have pictures? Really? At all? Thanks for taking me to Mass with your fam! Miss you guys!
- Hockey - sooo physical!! Wrestling on ice!
- Popeye's - I miss you! And Qdoba, too!
- I have yet to try that Guacamole recipe from Tina! That Venison sausage is delish!
- Laundry - yeah, I learned.
- Taco Tuesdays and Fish Fry Fridays!
- Sausages from the street are the yummiest! Haha!
- Spotted Cow - WI beer
- Potato Chips Day - this exists!
- DoubleTree Cookies - my favorite cookie in the universe!
- DT experience - fire alarm alarmed falsely, shower floor flooded, no hot water during winter. Amber - she's the best manager!
- Black Panther - I saw this film in WI. Good experience.
- Ate Leonie and Ate Minnie - thanks for checking on me and Ate Minnie - love the TP jersey!
- Walking and jogging around the snow and braving the Snow Storm just to document my stay is something that I will forever cherish.
- Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is to say hello. Toinks!
- Discipline, change and happiness starts from within.
- And yeah, it is unlonely being alone. Sarap din!
Now, where to next? Melaka? Hmmm.
speak from the heart,